Thursday, October 1, 2009

this week

OK so its been an interesting week, I wasn't fortunate to get an invite to google wave, but I know that some folk are busy testing it for me for when it is ready for release to the public.

I'm getting tired of Facebook, it is really limited in a proprietary kind of way, what you seem to get is what they want to throw at you, I still use it to keep in touch with family and friends, but I have disabled all the game notifications, they were starting to annoy me. I am instead going to blog here which is what I want to do and maybe link to it.

There are lots of tools here to do some good blogging so I'll try them out and see if I like them.

I have been happy with Google Picasa it seems to do a great job of organizing my photos without rearranging my file structure I think I will stick with it for now, I can't see myself getting stuck with a proprietary format so it should do the job for a while, at least until a mature GPL program come out.

I have been reading the blogoshere regarding the up and coming Windows 7 release, there have been a lot of positives about Windows 7 however the fact remains, it is just an Operating System, with it you still lack the freedoms that you have with Linux/FreeBSD to do with you computer as you wish, so it remains something that I'm not really interested in but feel free to use it yourself.

I'm pretty happy with how Ubuntu 9.10 is going, its hard to believe that it is still beta software. What is really cool is how much the bluetooth stuff has improved, especially the audio, I think they have finally got that properly sorted I need to get testing some audio editing software I guess to really put it though it paces.

Well thats it for now I guess, have a good week an I hope to blog again soon. If you read this please do me a favor and at least put a smilee face in the comments, I'd like to know you are reading my blog.

Cheers Darrin

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ok heres ya smiley face :) to let ya know i was here lol! :)

DonFromFL said...

TOTALLY agree about the overload of useless app information on Facebook! Oh, and here's the smiley! :)