Sunday, September 27, 2009

New things

Life has been quiet good lately, I have been spending more time with my Lovely Lady and the kids are doing just great.

I have been spending a lot of time riding my bike for fitness, its been fun but I havent had a lot of time for Mario Kart :)

I have been wanting to do more with my photography, recently I have been using F-Spot on Linux but there seem to be a bit of a !fail with it, such is the case with pre 1.0 software, so I have been trying out Google's picasa. Google didn't release version 3.5 for Linux but thankfully OMG!UBUNTU have come up with a work around. There are a few improvements over 3.0 like face recognition and geo-tagging. It was quiet good going through the collection and finding all the faces so I could tag them and I might stick with using it.

I'm looking forward to Google Wave, it is only a few days away, I'm expecting bugs with it. I'm using a stack of Google apps so it should integrate well with what I am using.

Ubuntu Karmic Koala is running very sweetly on my netbook, I cant believe how bug free it is, the big bonus is the inclusion of Bluetooth tools that allow my Bluetooth headset to sync and connect, also Pulse Audio is working properly and all my audio apps sync with it without issue, this sort of smoothness is what Linux has needed for a long time. Karmic certainly doesn't feel like pre release software.

Anyway I'm off to live some life, I might take some photos :)

No comments: