Tuesday, June 9, 2009

New Laptop

I Had a good experience purchasing my first full size laptop. What I was looking for was a relatively simple purchase option that was good quality and one where I didn't have to pay for a Windows license that I would never use. What I ended up with was somewhat of a pleasant surprise.



The version of Ubuntu that was used on the laptop is the LTS (Long Term Support) version and it is understandable that Pioneer used it for their computers, I was after the latest release and it was logical that I would upgrade immediately. Why wouldn't I its Free :)

The links are as follows:

Pioneer Computers

64 bit Flash


With 64 bit Flash I used Solution 4

As a note of correction Pioneer have been around for about 13 years and are quiet and established brand.

Again to you guys, thank you for the Ubuntu pre-install option.

No comments: